Congratulations to our newly accepted middle school and freshman cadets! We welcome you to the Marine Leadership Academy Family. We are committed to ensuring you have a successful educational experience and have planned a few events to help you have a smooth transition to your new school.
Your NEXT STEP is to attend Orientation.
SAVE THESE DATES: Monday June 25, 2018 - Friday, June 29, 2018
Be sure to register on the link below for all ORIENTATION events!!
Parent Orientation: Monday, June 25th - 8:30am - 12:30pm
Registration: 8:30am - 9:00am
Orientation Program: 9:00am - 11:30pm
Family, Staff and Cadet Bar-B-Que: 11:35pm - 12:30pm
- Parents of new cadets will meet staff and cadet leaders and receive information about MLA policies, procedures, uniform and grooming standards, academic curriculum, cadet in school supports, summer assignments, registration process and much more.
- Parents should bring: cadet accepted and a pen for writing
- Due to spacing limits, Max per family = 3 (including the new cadet)
Cadet Orientation: Tuesday, June 26th - Friday, June 29th
Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday: 7:30am - 2:00pm
(English, Math, JROTC, Academic Success, and team building activities )
Friday: 7:30am - 12:00pm
(Team building and awards ceremony)
New Cadets will take an English and math enrichment course and receive the summer assignment that will be due the first week of school. Cadets will also receive advanced instruction in JROTC protocols, procedures and grooming requirements. The academic success course will prepare cadets to utilize study, organizational, and social skills as well as understand academic tools to excel academically in school. Cadets will also become familiar with the extracurricular activities and various resources MLA has to offer as support to all cadets.
- What to Bring: Cadets should bring a water bottle, notebook, pen & pencil
- What to Wear: Cadets should wear a T-shirt, shorts/joggers and gym shoes
- Breakfast and Lunch will be provided daily