mla tRANSFER REQUIREMENTS
Marine Leadership Academy accepts transfer applications for qualifying 7th - 12th Grade Students if space is available.
Please refer to the Eligibility Requirements before applying.
Application Deadline Dates
- Fall Session (Application must be received before September 15th)- beginning of 1st Semester
- Spring Session (Application must be received before January 15th)- beginning of 2nd Semester
- 3.0 minimum GPA
- Meeting or Exceeding State Test Standards
- Must have good conduct and attendance rate of 95% or higher
- Must be a resident of the City of Chicago
- Must agree to be compliant with school uniform, grooming, Middle School Corp and JROTC Policies and Procedures
- Complete Transfer Application and send all required documentation (you can download the application at the bottom of this page)
- Copy of most recent state test scores: ( 7th/8th grade: NWEA or PARCC
- Official HS Transcripts (include most recent semester grades on transcript)
- Official ES Transcript or Most Recent Grade Report Cards (middle school applicants)
- Copy of Attendance record
- Copy of Discipline record
- Transfer essay (Tell us why you want to transfer to Marine Leadership Academy)
- School Official Recommendation Form (page 2 of transfer application)
- Copy of IEP or 504 Plans (if applicable)
- Parents must provide proof of Chicago residency upon acceptance
- Submit all required documentation
- All qualified transfer Applicants are Interviewed upon submission of a completed application
Marine Leadership Academy
Attn: MLA Admissions Department
1920 N. Hamlin Avenue
Chicago, IL 60647
Fax all documentation to (773) 534- 4975 Attn: MLA Admissions Department
Incomplete applications and late applications will not be accepted or considered and will be discarded.
Parent of applicant will be notified of decision via phone, mail or after interview.